Spring Break 2021

Today’s cartoon is used with the permission of Jack Ohman and Creators Syndicate. More of his work may be seen at the Cartoonist Group.

Jack Ohman and Creators Syndicate

Kentrell Brown, Writer

Since some colleges and universities have cancelled their spring break 2021 while some places are still letting their students have one, due to Covid-19 some kids are still travelling away regardless of restrictions. Places like Florida and Georgia beaches were packed. University of Georgia is one of many colleges that decided to cancel or alter spring break — which typically happens in late or mid-March , but students still decide to travel anyway even though most were not vaccinated. The reason that most students say they are taking the break regardless is because the impact Covid has had on their school year is pretty draining and wearing so they need that break. With the cases going could the spring break celebrations bring back another surge of Covid deaths if students don’t get vaccinated. I asked my friend, a student attending Winston Salem state university how she is going about it and she stated that “she still feels that we’re not to that point to where we can travel freely and not worry about the Covid because the cases are still high”. She also said that her school did go on spring break but were encouraged just to go home and not to any party areas which she didn’t. With spring break restrictions in more and more states starting to loosen the risk for Covid increases because not everyone has been vaccinated in my opinion.