Summer Plans

Hailey Hill, Writer

Since the summer is coming up, I decided to ask some students what their plans are during the break. Summer is the perfect time to relax, enjoy yourself and have fun. Especially with Covid-19 still around, some may find it a bit hard to have a “normal” summer.

First, I interviewed Emma Hafner.

Hailey: “What do you plan on doing this summer?”

Emma: “This summer I plan on being outside as much as I can, I didn’t do much last summer so I’m definitely going to change that. I’m going on vacation with my best friend. I also got a summer job as a lifeguard with my best friend. I’m really excited about that, especially since it’s my first job. But like I said, being outside every day is for sure.”

I then asked Katana what her plans were.

Hailey: “What are your plans for the summer?”

Katana: “Even though Covid-19 has slowly started to get better, I still won’t be doing a lot of things I wanted to do this summer. I still will most likely travel, eat tons of food, hangout with friends and maybe go to amusement parks.”

Finally, I interviewed the last person, Chinaza.

Hailey: “Do you have any plans for the summer?”

Chinaza: “This summer I plan on going to Nigeria with my family, go to the beach with my friends. I also plan on taking a class at FCC, going to museums and I have a lab skill internship. I’m definitely excited for this summer. Last year, I didn’t do much since I was very stressed but I feel like this year will be different.”

According to the three people I interviewed, they’re all very excited for summer. Covid-19 changed all of our lives drastically, I’m glad they are still able to find happiness and excitement.